If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This vibrant, refreshing salad makes a great lunch or light dinner, but the dressing is really the star here. The bright lime and rich coconut milk pairs perfectly with briny fish sauce, spicy chile, and herbs. Warning: The dressing is addicting—it also makes a great dipping sauce for fresh spring rolls, chicken satay skewers, and lettuce cups. —Asha Loupy
For the Thai coconut-lime dressing:
- Juice of 1 lime (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce, preferably Red Boat
- 1/3 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar, or light brown sugar
- Zest of 1 lime (about 1 to 2 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemongrass, finely chopped
- 1/2 serrano pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint
For the salad bowl and toppings:
- 1 1/2 cups cooked forbidden black rice
- 10 ounces poached chicken breast, shredded
- 2 small Persian cucumbers, diced
- 4 large radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1 cup snap peas, cut thinly on the bias
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh mint
- To make the dressing, in a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, fish sauce, coconut milk, and palm sugar in a small bowl until the sugar is dissolved. Add the remaining dressing ingredients and stir to combine. Set aside.
- To assemble, divide the rice equally between two bowls. Divide the rest of the toppings in half and arrange on top of the rice. Drizzle with desired amount of dressing, toss, and enjoy!
- This recipe is a Wildcard Contest Winner!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coconut