If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This delicate, nutty cake is similar to a basic yellow cake but most of the flour is replaced with graham cracker crumbs. Adapted from an old Nabisco recipe, it tastes exactly like a graham cracker in cake form. The frosting recipe pictured is sdebrango's Whipped Chocolate Caramel Ganache, found here on Food52: https://www.google.com... —Posie (Harwood) Brien
Makes: two 8-inch round layers
cup all-purpose flour
cups graham cracker crumbs (from about 20 squares)
teaspoons baking powder
cup unsalted butter, softened
teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease two 8-inch round cake pans and line the bottoms with parchment.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, graham cracker crumbs, and baking powder and set aside.
- In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating between each addition.
- Mix in the vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture and the milk a little bit at a time, alternating between each. Mix thoroughly but be careful not to overbeat.
- Divide the batter evenly between your two prepared pans. Bake for about 25 minutes (or until golden brown and starting to pull away from the sides of the pans).
- Cool in the pans for at least 15 minutes, then turn out onto a rack to cool completely before frosting and assembling.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!