If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This jam is just the right amount of sweet. Try it with some crunchy gluten free toast for a vegan/gluten-free treat. Or slather it on a piece of buttered toast & topped with a fried egg, it makes the perfect breakfast or snack! —The Brit & The Baker
Makes: 1 half pint
cups ripe grape tomatoes
tablespoon olive oil
pinch of salt
teaspoon toasted fennel seeds
- Toast the fennel seeds in a dry pan for 2-5 minutes, until fragrant, remove them from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, char the tomatoes without oil on medium high heat. This should take about 10 minutes to get some good color on them.
- When the skins start to crack, add the olive oil and chopped shallot to the tomatoes.
- Add the toasted fennel seeds, sugar and salt.
- Smash the tomatoes in the pan and allow them to release all of their juices.
- Allow to cook for 20-25 minutes so the juices reduce and concentrate the flavor.
- When the mixture no longer tastes like raw tomatoes, blitz in a food processor until creamy.
- This jam can be served warm or cold. Slather on a piece of toast with a sprinkle of chopped chives.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe