If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The bulgur grain is used in Middle Eastern and Mediterranean cuisine, and has high nutritional value. This pudding with pesto and bulgur grain is perfect for serving as an appetizer with mini toasts, or as a side dish for boiled stew. —Daniela Richino
cup Bulgur grain
grams Arugula, fresh
Anchovies in oil
cup Olive oil
dash Ginger root, grated
- Cook the bulgur grain for 10-15 minutes with little water, if needed add from time to time hot water. The consistency must be moist but solid.
- Once cold mix the grain with two chopped hard boiled eggs, capers, anchovies, a pinch of salt and the grated ginger.
- Prepare a pesto with the arugula, garlic, walnuts and olive oil. Put the arugula in the food processor with the walnuts and the garlic, mix and add the olive oil as if making a mayonnaise.
- Add the pesto to the bulgur grain and mix well.
- In a round baking pan with a hole in the middle put two hard boiled eggs cut in halves in the bottom. Put the grain mix on top and press well until compact.
- Put the mix in the fridge for 2 hours, turn upside down in a serving dish and decorate with palm hearts if you wish.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe