If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 2 zucchini
- 2 small red onions
- 1 tablespoon coconut or olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 zucchini flowers (optional)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 large eggs
- Leaves from 10 sprigs thyme
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup milk
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 130 grams goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 350° F (175° C).
- Cut zucchini and onion in thin slices.
- Preheat a skillet over high heat. Add half of the oil and sauté the onion for about 6 minutes, until soft. Add the balsamic vinegar and sauté for another 5 minutes. Remove from the pan.
- In the same pan, add the other half of the oil and cook the zucchini until browned and soft, adding the garlic halfway through.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, thyme, lemon zest, and milk. Season with salt and pepper.
- In an ovenproof skillet, combine the zucchini and onions. Pour the egg mixture on top and then crumble the goat cheese over the whole dish.
- Gently place the zucchini flowers on top, if using, and bake the frittata for about 30 minutes, until set and golden brown. Take out of the oven, sprinkle on some more thyme, and serve with a salad and/or bread.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!