If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My Lebanese painter taught me how to make this. I made the crew breakfast and he prepared lunch each day. —carmen
Serves 6 as a side dish
- 1 large bag chopped kale
- 1 medium sweet onion
- 1 cup couscus
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 can either black eyed peas or black beans
- 5 lemons
- salt & pepper to raste
- olive oil
- Rinse kale, remove thick rib and chop again
- dice onion
- bring 2 cups water with 1 tsp. olive oil added to boil. Add couscous, remove from heat, cover and let stand until water is absorbed. Fluff with fork.
- Saute onions and chopped garlic on low heat in deep pot with 1/8 cup olive oil until translucent
- add chopped kale and juice of 2 lemons. Cover and cook until softened, stirring frequently.
- add couscous and juice of two more lemons. Cover and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- stir in beans and juice of last lemon. Heat through. Additional lemon, salt, and pepper to taste.