If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Very flexible, depending on what vegetable you're overrun with at the time. (If you add grated carrot, it gives a crunchy texture as the carrot won't fully cook.) Good for making big batches and freezing. Pretty healthy! I like Trader Joe's whole grain Baking Mix, but have also used Buckwheat flour, Chickpea flour, corn muffin mix (sweet)---get creative! Add curry powder or other spices!
Makes squash season so much more palatable.... —Annie Hall
Makes 4-6 pancakes
- 1 3/4 cups grated summer squash, any kind or mix
- 1/2 cup grated onion, sweet or hot pepper, carrot, whatever you have too much of.
- 2 lg eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup self-rising flour (or 1/2 c flour, 1/2 tsp baking powder & 1/2 tsp salt)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan (fresh or powdered or mix)
- 1/8 cup optional--sesame or poppy seed
- toss grated ingredients with beaten eggs.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour and cheese.
- Combine all, mix well.
- Fry flattened spoonfuls in small amount of oil over med-hi heat until top bubbles & edges dry. Flip. (Or deep fry for fritters.) Keep warm in low oven or cool & freeze.
- Serve with butter & Parmesan or sour cream/yogurt or Tzatziki sauce (http://thelemonbowl.com/2013/02/greek-tzatziki-sauce-with-garlic-and-dill.html---the best).