If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: lemon zest + juice add pizzazz to a simple recipe for the gentlest of fritters —Jane Poretsky
- 2 medium size zucchini, coarsely shredded
- 2 small cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 small lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 scallions, white + light green part chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup full-fat ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- light olive oil, for frying
- fresh ricotta and chopped dill, as a garnish
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients except the flour. You should use roughly a teaspoon each of salt and pepper. When everything is well combined, add the flour and gently mix again.
- Preheat a large frying pan with a few tablespoons of oil. The goal is to prevent sticking, not to deep fry. Your heat should be medium all around. Use about 1.5 tablespoons of batter for each fritter and cook them about 3-4 minutes per side, or until deep golden. Flip, and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Remove and drain on paper towels. Serve immediately. Garnish with a dollop of fresh ricotta, sprinkle of sea salt and some freshly chopped dill (if you'd like).
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Zucchini or Summer Squash