If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This vegan recipe packs a sophisticated taste into what is actually a very easy to make (and healthy) sandwich. Cannellini beans are blended with fragrant herbs to form a sandwich spread and topped with roasted red peppers, tomatoes, and arugula. —Nicole
- 1.5 cups cannellini beans
- 2 pieces garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup yellow onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon rosemary, dry
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme, dry
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup parsley, fresh
- 1 cup roasted red peppers
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 2 cups arugula
- 4 pieces fresh bread, sliced
- Heat oil in a pan and cook onions over medium heat for 5 minutes, or until translucent.
- Add garlic and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add cannellini beans, rosemary, thyme, salt, and pepper and cook for 1 minute or until thoroughly heated.
- In a blender/food processor, add the sautéed bean mixture, parsley, and lemon juice and blend until creamy. Check for salt and pepper as needed and blend again. Set the mixture aside.
- Toast your bread and spread each piece with a layer of the cannellini spread. Layer with tomato slices, arugula, roasted red peppers. Serve warm!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe