If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: With the look and feel of a beef burger and the umami to match, this vegan burger is for meat lovers too! —Kayli Dice
Makes 6 patties
- 2 cups cooked black beans
- 1 large beet, peeled and diced
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, finely diced
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1/4 block firm tofu
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin
- pinches of salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Toss diced beets in olive oil and roast for 30 mins or until fork tender.
- Toss diced mushrooms in olive oil and sautée until they lose their water.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor. Pulse until mixture forms a slightly chunky dough.
- Form mixture into 6 patties by hand and place each patty on an oiled cookie sheet.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes, flipping patties after 10 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe