If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: In the mood for a spicy Creole dish? Maque Choux is a one pot, no fuss meal that’s zesty, savory, and will have dinner on the table in no time! —Rachel (Simple Seasonal)
- 12 ounces andouille sausage, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups fresh okra, cut into coins
- 2/3 cup diced green pepper
- 1/2 cup sweet onions, diced
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced garlic
- 3 cups sweet corn
- 1 cup skinned and seeded tomatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
- As with stir fries and most one-pot meals, I like to have most of my ingredients prepped before I begin cooking, so chop and dice everything that needs to be chopped and diced. For the andouille sausage, I typically cut it in half lengthwise and then chop the halves into bite sized pieces.
- Heat a large, deep pan and 1/2 tsp of olive oil over medium high heat for 1 minute. Add the andouille sausage to the pan and brown, stirring a few times, for about 3 minutes. Pour the sausage into a large bowl or onto a plate, and set aside.
- Add the okra to the pan and cook it in the oils that are left over from the sausage. Cook until browned and beginning to soften, and then add it to the bowl with the sausage. Be sure not to over cook, so that it doesn't become slimy.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add your green peppers and onions to the pan. Cook until softened, again, about 3 minutes.
- Add minced garlic to the pan and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the corn and diced tomatoes to the pan. Also add back in the andouille sausage and the okra. Cook until everything is heated through. 3-5 minutes.
- Serve pipping hot and right from the pan.