If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These tacos are filled with soft earthy mushrooms, a sprinkling of white onion and cilantro with a hearty dollop of salsa verde. One of the final additions, is crema. Crema is basically the Mexican version of creme fraiche; it’s heavy cream soured with lime juice and zest. Appropriate, right? —Shanna Jade | Kiss My Bowl
- 1 bunch Cilantro
- 5-9 Tomatillo
- 2 Limes
- 2 Ripe Avocado
- 1 White Onion
- 3 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Jalapeno
- 4 cups Shiitake Mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 1 packet Soft Tortilla Shells
- 1. Turn the broiler on high
- 2. To make things go smooth and easy, get all of the chopping and peeling out of the way first starting with the mushrooms. Wash and dice them to desired size
- 3. Wash the cilantro, separating about 1 cup and dumping it into a blender - chop up another half cup for garnish
- 4. Peel the tomatillo, wash the stickiness off each fruit and pop them into the blender. Peel the garlic and the onion. Halve the onion, adding half to the blender and dicing the other half for garnish
- 5. Place one jalapeno on a cookie sheet and broil, turning every few minutes to ensure it doesn't actually burn - just blackening the skin. Once the jalapeno is soft and the skin has browned/blackened halve it, then toss it into the blender.
- 6. Blitz the blender until a chunky salsa forms, transfer to a serving bowl reserving about ½ a cup for the guac
- 7. In a large pan or sauce pot, cook the mushrooms and the coconut oil over medium heat until soft
- 8. Halve both avocados, scooping out their flesh into a large molcajete or sturdy bowl. Mash until smooth but still slightly chunky. Add in the reserved salsa verde, season with salt and a squeeze of half a lime. Season to taste. Top with sliced raw jalapeno and chopped cilantro if desired
- 9. Gently heat the tortillas in the oven turned on to 300 in a tortilla warmer, or wrapped in foil
- 10. To assemble, arrange the tortillas on a plate, scooping first the mushroom filling, a dollop of coconut yogurt, some of the diced white onion and finishing with a sprinkling of chopped cilantro Add salsa verde and guacamole as desired.