If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This radish and herb salad, from Engin Akin's cookbook Essential Turkish Cuisine, has no fat of any kind—and involves no sacrifice, no straining to compensate. Adapted slightly from Essential Turkish Cuisine (Stewart, Tabori, and Chang, October 2015). —Genius Recipes
Serves 6 as meze
- 2 cups (230 grams) diced or sliced red radishes
- 1/2 cup (10 grams) chopped mint or tarragon
- 3/4 cup (15 grams) chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons sumac
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste, diluted with 2 tablespoons cold water
- 3 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 3 tablespoons crushed ice
- In a bowl, toss together the radishes, mint or tarragon, parsley, sumac, and garlic.
- Add the diluted tomato paste water, pomegranate molasses, and ice and toss. Season with salt to taste and serve immediately in a chilled bowl.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!