If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Warm spiced beets, crunchy walnuts, cool cucumbers, and salty feta make for a salad filled to the brim with textures and flavors
—Vicky | Things I Made Today
Serves 2 as entree, 6 as salad
- 3 Medium sized beets, chopped into ½ inch cubes
- ¼ cups Olive oil and 1 tablespoon, divided
- 2 teaspoons Smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Kosher salt, divided
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cups Dry green lentils
- 2 cups Vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon White wine vinegar
- 1/2 Yellow onion, sliced thin
- 1 cup Walnuts, chopped
- 1 Cucumbers, sliced thin
- 3/4 cup Feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 Handfuls greens (mixed salad greens, arugula, microgreens, or whatever you have on hand)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Prepheat oven to 425F.
- Toss beets with olive oil, paprika, coriander and salt. Spread out in a single layer on a large baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes, until tender. Let cool.
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium high heat. Add garlic and lentils and cook for 1 minute. Stir in broth and salt and cook until lentils are tender, about 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Stir in vinegar.
- In a large bowl, toss together cooked beets, lentils, onion, walnuts, cucumber, feta and greens. Mix well, salt and pepper to taste.