If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Country side in Japan, we pick many spring bud(Sansai).They have many different flavors but every bud have little bitter taste. So my image of spring taste are always bitter. This is popular paste serve with rice. I think butter bud is one of the most bitter spring vegetable. Serve with rice. —burio
Makes 100 cc paste
- 10 Butterbur bud
- 2 tablespoons Miso
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon Japanese Sake
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Put Butterbud in boiled water, cook for 1-2min. Cool them with cold water. Squeeze off water well, then chop it very finely.
- Heat vegetable oil in pan. stir fry chopped butterbud to make it more dry( just evaporate the wetiness). Put sugar, sake, miso into pan, stir well not to burn until it turns brown and get more sticky.
- Serve with steamed rice. It may goes well with a toasted bread (I didn't tried yet)