If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This sweet, spicy, & crunchy Asian wrap combines fresh veggies, rice, & crock pot chicken all rolled up in a tender senposai leaf! —Rachel (Simple Seasonal)
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup apricot jam
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 1 cup black forbidden rice
- 2 cups water
- a pinch of salt
- 1 medium daikon radish
- 4 medium carrots
- 4 large senposai leaves
- 1/4 cup hot water
- Plan on assembling the chicken in the crock pot on the morning that you make this recipe. In the crock pot whisk together chili sauce, apricot jam, honey, chili garlic sauce, and corn starch until the ingredients are evenly combined, and there are no corn starch lumps. Stir in and coat the chicken. Cook on low for 6 hours.
- About 45 minutes before dinner, combine 1 C of black rice that has been rinsed with 2 C of water and a pinch of salt in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 30-40 minutes, or until all of the liquid has been absorbed.
- While the rice is cooking, prep your vegetables by julienning your carrots and daikon. Remove the stem from your senposai leaves.
- Once the rice is cooked, stuff the wraps. First stack a layer of carrots and daikon, then black forbidden rice, and finally the chicken from the crockpot.
- To roll the wrap, tuck 2 sides of the leaf in towards the filling and then roll the from the ends the way you would a regular wrap. Cut the wrap in half using a sharp knife.
- Once the the wraps are assembled, add 1/4 C of hot water to the crockpot and whisk it together with the remaining sauce. Evenly divide the sauce into small dishes before serving with the wraps.