If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The perfect autumnal salad with massaged kale, sweet Asian pears, crunchy granola bits (I used KIND Snacks granola clusters), and a creamy shallot dressing that cuts through the hearty greens. —Lindsey S. Love | Dolly and Oatmeal
Creamy Shallot Dressing
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 small shallot, roughly chopped (about a heaping 1/4 cup)
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon cultured dairy-free yogurt (or greek yogurt if not dairy-free)
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 1 Asian pear, diced
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 4 to 5 tablespoons honey granola clusters
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Make the dressing. Place dressing ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until the ingredients are broken down and emulsified. Taste and adjusting the seasonings if needed. Place the dressing in a lidded jar and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Prepare the salad. In a large bowl, combine the kale and 1 tablespoon of the shallot dressing and massage the kale for roughly 5 minutes, until the kale is tender and darker in color. Let the kale sit for 10 minutes, then add the pear, quinoa, granola, parsley, and about 3 to 4 tablespoons of dressing. Toss together and add more dressing if desired. Serve or refrigerate for up to 7 hours before serving.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!