If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These super salty, slightly tangy slices make a great addition to wraps, sandwiches, salads, and more. Keep them in your fridge for a quick snack or a means of adding intensity and umami to any dish! —Gena Hamshaw
Makes 4 cups
- 2 to 3 tablespoons low-sodium tamari
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chili powder
- 4 large or medium portobello mushroom caps, sliced into strips about 1/4-inch thick
- Whisk together the tamari, vinegar, syrup, olive oil, paprika, and chili. Transfer to a rectangular, airtight container and add the mushroom slices. Marinate them for 8 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat your oven to 250° F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Arrange the mushroom slices on the sheets. Bake for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until the pieces have shrunken, browned slightly, and dried out. They should have a chewy texture. Flip slices at the 1 hour mark.
- Allow the slices to cool completely before transferring them to an airtight container. Stored in the fridge, the jerky will keep for up to 1 week.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!