If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Gluten and dairy free stuffed mushrooms with a crunchy surprise. From my blog "Nikkis Plate" —Nikki Loren
- 1.5 pounds Mushrooms
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, finely diced
- 3/4 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch dried oregano
- 1 pinch chilli flakes
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Wash and remove mushrooms stems, set aside.
- In a medium pan over medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Saute the shallots, bell pepper, garlic and sun dried tomatoes until they start to get tender. Add in the tomato paste and chopped pecans, cook another 2 minutes.
- Spoon the filling into the mushrooms and bake for an additional 20-30 minutes (depending on strength of your oven)
- Top with oregano, parsley and chill flakes if desired. Serve warm.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Appetizer to Share with Friends