If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Roasted artichokes stuffed with garlic and sage only take five minutes to prep. These artichokes are also grain free. For a bonus sauce mash the garlic and sage with some lemon EVOO and a dash of butter! —Maren Epstein
- 4 Artichokes, stems and top 1/3rd portion removed
- 4 Cloves of Garlic, peeled
- 1 Lemon, halved
- 1 tablespoon Coconut or Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
Lemon Butter Dipping Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 Lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 4 Cloves of Garlic from the cooked Artichoke
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- reheat oven to 400 degrees. Slice off the stem and top 1/3rd of the artichoke. Immediately rub the choke all over with lemon and oil.
- Next, press the garlic clove into the center the artichoke, season with salt and pepper. Place sage on the top and wrap in tinfoil.
- Place the artichokes in the oven, stem side down for 2 hours.
- Remove them from the oven and let cool for 20 minutes
- For the dipping sauce (optional): Remove the garlic clove from the artichoke, combine with sage, left over lemon juice, olive oil or unsalted organic butter.