If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Have you noticed that I love shrimp? One of my favorites is "Potted Shrimp" a cold shrimp spread that starts with cooking the shrimp with shallots and sherry. I've turned that flavor into a hot, shrimp stuffed mushroom. These disappeared so fast that I only had one left to photo. —jan voris
- 6 Large crimini mushrooms
- 1 Large shallot, finely chopped, about 1/4 cup
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 1 Bay leaf
- 12 26-30ct raw peeled deveined shrimp
- 2 tablespoons Cream Sherry
- 13 Ritz crackers, roughly crushed
- 1/2 cup Shredded hard cheese, Parm, Asiago, Romano
- 1 tablespoon Chives, chopped
- Additional cheese for topping
- Remove stems from mushrooms. Scrape insides to make room for stuffing. Lightly oil, and season lightly with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute shallots and bay leaf in butter over med heat until shallots begin to soften.
- Add whole shrimp and saute, turning once, until just cooked through. Do not overcook.
- Add sherry, and cook until almost all absorbed.
- Remove shrimp to a cutting board and add cracker crumbs, cheese and chives to pan. Lightly season with salt and pepper, remembering that the shrimp and cheese add salt.
- Chop shrimp and add back to pan.
- Stuff prepared mushrooms, pressing the stuffing in and rounding the tops. Sprinkle with additional cheese.
- Bake in a shallow baking dish at 350* for 20-25 mins, until mushrooms start to give off their liquid and tops begin to brown.