If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Sinfully delicious spiced mixed nuts are simple and easy to prepare. The mulled spices are ground in a spice grinder and then tossed with the nuts along with a sugar mixtures. They release a delectable aroma as they bake to perfection. Double the batch and offer them as hostess gifts during the holidays. —Lizh
- 3 tablespoons Mulling Spices
- 1 Cinnamon Stick, broken into pieces
- 3/4 cup Caster Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 Egg Whites
- 2 tablespoons Water
- 6 cups Mixed Nuts (such as pecans, cashews, almonds and walnuts)
- Preheat oven to 325F
- With a spice grinder, grind mulling spices an cinnamon stick to make a coarse powder. Toss with sugar and salt. Set aside.
- Using a fork, whisk egg whites with water until frothy in a large bowl. Add nuts and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle sugar mixture over top and toss to coat. Spread onto two parchment paper lined baking sheets.
- Bake, stirring occasionally, for about 25 minutes or until nuts are dry and toasted. Cool completely. Break up with a spoon, if necessary. Store in airtight container.