If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Roasted broccoli over nutty grains with toasty walnuts. Drizzled with a creamy sesame tahini dressing that packs a flavor punch. It will make you eat more broccoli for dinner. —Oat&Sesame
Serves: 4 servings
cup barley (uncooked)
Creamy Tahini Dressing:
tablespoons fresh lemon juice
cups 1.5 cups walnuts, lightly toasted
- Cook barley or other grain of choice according to package instructions. Add a pinch of salt to the cooking water. Barley takes roughly 45 minutes to cook to a tender chewiness.
- While the barley is cooking prepare the rest of the ingredients as follows:
- Toast the nuts on a baking sheet - approx 5 min @ 400F. Set aside.
- Trim, wash and dry off your pieces of broccoli. Toss with 1 Tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper and place on a large rimmed baking sheet. Roast @ 400F for 15-20 min tossing halfway through. When there is about 5 minutes of the roasting time remaining for the broccoli, toss it with 2-3 Tbs of the Creamy Tahini Dressing.
- Prepare the Creamy Tahini Dressing. The dressing will be fairly potent on its own, but is perfect when added to the broccoli bowls.
- Slice, chop and crumble any add-ins.
- When the barley is done, build your bowls, top with dressing and enjoy!
- NOTES If you like a lot of dressing, I'd suggest doubling the recipe. You can always save some for later in the week!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Sesame