Author Notes: Roasted broccoli over nutty grains with toasty walnuts. Drizzled with a creamy sesame tahini dressing that packs a flavor punch. It will make you eat more broccoli for dinner. —Oat&Sesame
Serves: 4 servings
cup barley (uncooked)
Creamy Tahini Dressing:
tablespoons fresh lemon juice
cups 1.5 cups walnuts, lightly toasted
- Cook barley or other grain of choice according to package instructions. Add a pinch of salt to the cooking water. Barley takes roughly 45 minutes to cook to a tender chewiness.
- While the barley is cooking prepare the rest of the ingredients as follows:
- Toast the nuts on a baking sheet - approx 5 min @ 400F. Set aside.
- Trim, wash and dry off your pieces of broccoli. Toss with 1 Tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper and place on a large rimmed baking sheet. Roast @ 400F for 15-20 min tossing halfway through. When there is about 5 minutes of the roasting time remaining for the broccoli, toss it with 2-3 Tbs of the Creamy Tahini Dressing.
- Prepare the Creamy Tahini Dressing. The dressing will be fairly potent on its own, but is perfect when added to the broccoli bowls.
- Slice, chop and crumble any add-ins.
- When the barley is done, build your bowls, top with dressing and enjoy!
- NOTES If you like a lot of dressing, I'd suggest doubling the recipe. You can always save some for later in the week!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Sesame