If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is my Italian mom's version of spinach pie. It's a great brunch item, a crowd pleaser and easy to make! You can use prepared or homemade pie crust. —2eatwellRD
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup shredded/grated parmesan
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 5 scallions, chopped
- grated nutmeg
- prepared pie crust
- 2 boxes frozen chopped spinach
- Defrost spinach and drain completely. Saute chopped scallions in butter.
- Combine spinach, cheese, eggs, scallions, salt and pepper.
- Place prepared pie crust in bottom layer of pie plate. Add spinach and cheese mixture. Grate fresh nutmeg over mixture. Add top layer pie crust and pinch pie closed. Brush with egg or milk. Bake at 375 for 40-45 mins.