Author Notes: This is a recipe inspired by necessity to come up with an impressive yet simple first course for a last minute dinner party using ingredients I had on hand. I had torn the picture out of a magazine in the doctor's office but not the recipe so this is what I came up with. A beautiful start to a summer dinner. —foodfanatic
canned artichoke hearts
tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
juice of half a lemon
teaspoons warm water
salt and freshly ground pepper to taster
cup fresh mint leaves
cup pomegranate seeds
- Drain and rinse the artichoke hearts very well. Cook in acidulated water for 8-10 minutes .
- Melt the butter until very hot and foamy, but not browned.
- In a separate bowl beat the egg yolks and lemon juice together, gradually adding the melted butter and then the warm water. Place the sauce over a double boiler and cook for a few minutes to thicken slightly.
- Arrange the artichoke hearts on a platter or 4 individual plates and drizzle over the sauce. Scatter with the mint leaves and pomegranate seeds and serve immediately .
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Artichoke Recipe