If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The creamy, spicy sauce on these potatoes is accented by garlic, ginger, and pickled celery. Apples and cilantro add freshness to keep it from being too heavy. If you don't have garlic aioli, I recommend using regular mayonnaise and doubling the minced garlic. This is a potato salad with strong, bold flavors that would probably pair well with grilled meats. —clintonhillbilly
- 2 red potatoes, diced
- 2 small celery stalks, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, finely minced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons garlic aioli
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro
- 1/2 green apple, diced
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2/3 cup red wine vinegar
- Bring a saucepan full of water to a boil. Add a few shakes of salt and diced potatoes. Boil until you can put a fork through the potatoes without much resistance but the potatoes remain firm.
- While the potatoes are boiling, place celery in a bowl and pour red wine vinegar over until they are covered. Add brown sugar, salt and black pepper.
- In a separate bowl, combine all remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- When potatoes are done, drain them and pour them into a bowl of ice water. Let them soak, adding ice if needed, until they are cool or cold.
- Add potatoes and celery to mixture, draining first. Stir thoroughly to combine. Season with salt & pepper to taste, but remember there is already saltiness from the soy sauce.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds over potato salad. You're done!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish