If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 64 ounces chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 100 grams pancetta, diced
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 400 grams risotto rice (preferable vialone nano)
- 120 grams shelled fresh peas
- Salt and pepper
- 50 grams soft butter
- 50 grams grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
- In a pot, heat the stock to simmering.
- Put the olive oil in a large, heavy saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the onion and pancetta and cook gently until the onion is translucent.
- Add the fennel seed, and then the rice. Stir through so that the rice is coated in oil. Add the peas and some salt and pepper, then start adding the stock by the ladleful, stirring constantly and letting the liquid reduce a bit between additions. Do not let the rice become dry at any point -- it should be soupy at all times.
- Cook for about 20 minutes, until the rice is al dente. Stir in the butter and Parmesan, along with a little more stock to loosen the rice if you'd like. Taste, adjust the seasonings and serve immediately, passing more grated Parmesan at the table.