If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This Cashew Chicken Bake is a simple, one dish dinner packed with protein and vegetables. A healthy, gluten free and low calorie meal the whole family will love! —Megan Olson
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- 3 medium sized chicken breasts, cut into inch size pieces
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 can sliced water chestnuts, rinsed & drained
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon gluten free soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 dash green onions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and spray a large casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place brown rice on the bottom of the casserole dish then layer celery and bell pepper. Place chicken on top of veggies.
- In a separate bowl, mix seasonings with soy sauce, rice vinegar, garlic & ginger then add to dish.
- Next add water chestnuts on top.
- Bake 45 minutes uncovered.
- Remove from oven, add cashews & bake another 10 minutes.
- Add green onions for garnish & serve!