If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I fell in love with the color of red quinoa when I was browsing through the bulk grains. This salad is a creation that has layers of color that really look beautiful on a picnic table. The simplicity of the recipe makes it fabulous and the dish is great refrigerated or served warm, after cooking the quinoa. —gigi-in-boulder
- 0.5 cups red quinoa
- 1 English (seedless) cucumber - chopped
- 1 Haas avocado - diced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup alfalfa sprouts (or other sprouts like sunflower)
- 2 Roma tomatoes - chopped
- 0.25 teaspoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- to taste salt & pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 0.25 cups chopped fresh cilantro
- 1.25 cups water
- Bring the red quinoa, chili powder, and 1.25 cup of water to a boil in a small pan.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer until all the water is absorbed and the quinoa is soft.
- To make dressing: whisk together lime juice, cumin, and olive oil in a small bowl.
- Add quinoa to the dressing and toss to coat.
- Serve quinoa in a bowl and top with cilantro, cucumbers, tomato, sprouts and avodaco.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cucumber Recipe