Author Notes: This original version of this recipe calls for frozen baby artichokes or fresh artichokes. I used a combination b/c I realized I did not have enough fresh —MES
tablespoons olive oil
links sweet Italian sausage
In This Recipe
- Trim artichokes down to hearts, quarter hearts.
- Heat saute pan, add 1/2 T oil and crumble in sausage, cook until done, set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in pan and add garlic cloves, cooking until slightly colored, then remove. Add artichoke hearts, season with salt and cook, turning frequently until golden and tender; add water if necessary to prevent sticking.
- Remove artichokes to baking dish, add sausage and mix to combine. Pull apart mozzarella and distribute over artichokes and sausage.
- Place in 400 degree oven and bake until mozzarella bubbly and slightly browned.