If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I usually make this Italian Bread Salad with cucumbers, red onions, and feta cheese. This easy, no cook version, replaces the cucumbers with zucchini and yellow squash. I also use chopped green onions and grated Pecorino Romano Cheese. This salad is great for a summer day where one does not have much time to cook! This salad also tastes better the longer it has time to sit in the fridge and marinate. —michelle lynn
- 1/2 French baguette (or day old bread),chopped into chunks
- 1 Zucchini, chopped into chunks
- 1 Yellow Squash chopped into chunks
- 1/2 cup Green Onion, chopped
- 1 Tomato, chopped into chunks
- 1 handful Basil, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Pecorino Romano Cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup Either Red Wine or Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- After chopping the bread, Zucchini, Yellow Squash, and Tomato into cubes, place into a mixing bowl. Mix together.
- Finely chop the basil and add to the mixing bowl. Mix.
- Grate the Pecorino Romano Cheese. Add to mixing bowl. Mix in with the rest of the Panzanella mixture.
- Add the Red Wine or Balsamic Vinegar and the Olive Oil to the mixing bowl. Toss the Panzanella mixture so that it is coated with the Oil and Vinegar mix.
- One can serve this right away but the flavors meld and intensify if this salad is allowed to marinate in the refrigerator for several hours or overnight.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Summer Squash Recipe