If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Healthy summer salad with shaved fennel & arugula, dressed with oranges, basil & coriander seeds —My French Chef
- 1 Orange
- 2 Fennel
- 1/2 piece Lemon
- 2 pinches Salt
- Wash the fennel and cut it in half from bottom to top. Using a mandoline, shave the fennel and place it in a container with a lid.
- Squeeze the orange and half of the lemon* over the shaved fennel and season with the salt. Marinate the ingredients for 1-hour minimum in the refrigerator.
Orange-Coriander Dressing & Finishing
- 2 Oranges
- 1/2 Lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon Coriander seeds
- 1 pinch Black pepper
- 8 Basil leaves
- 1 pinch Salt
- 60 grams Arugula (half bag)
- With a knife, remove the orange rind and the skin of each orange segment to create small slices of orange with only the fruit. Then cut each segment into 3-4 pieces and add to a small bowl.
- Squeeze in the other half of the lemon. Season with a pinch of salt, cracked black pepper and cracked coriander seed. Add the olive oil. Then, finely chop the basil and add to the bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- When the fennel is marinated, strain and add to a salad bowl with arugula. Add the orange dressing and mix. Serve in the salad bowl. Bon appetit!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Shaved Salad