If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Serves 4 to 6 as a side dish
- 2 pounds red potatoes, washed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 small Hass avocados
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (plus extra to taste)
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup green onions, white parts only, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and fit it with a steamer attachment. Steam the potatoes for about 10 minutes, or until fork-tender (you can also boil them till fork-tender). Remove the potatoes from heat and allow them to cool for 10 minutes. Place them in a large mixing bowl, cover, and transfer to the fridge. Allow them to cool completely.
- Cut the avocados in half, remove the pits, and then scoop the flesh into a medium-sized mixing bowl. Mash with a fork. Add the mustard, lemon juice, salt, and black pepper to taste. Mash thoroughly, until the avocado mixture is relatively smooth.
- Remove the potatoes from the fridge and add the dill and onions to the bowl. Fold the avocado mixture into the potatoes until everything is fully incorporated. Season to taste and serve.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!