If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Kimchi and tofu are a match made in culinary heaven. Both ingredients have haters for sure but those who appreciate the flavors of both will love this vegan recipe. Once you have everything for this soup on hand, it takes all of about 10 minutes to make. I found a delicious brand of vegan kimchi so mine was vegan, you can use any brand of kimchi that you like. —Alexandra V. Jones
- 1 block soft tofu, cut into bit sized pieces,my tofu said “soft” but was firmer then I would like, you can use silken but you will need to scoop instead of cut.
- 1 cup kimchi, roughly chopped with a bit of the juice as well
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 2 teaspoons gochujang
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 cups stock, choose your own preference here. I used vegetable.
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 green onions, sliced thin
- 2 cups cooked rice, or noodles
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- In a medium soup pot, heat oil over medium high, when shimmering add onions, cook until they are translucent, add gochujang and cook together for a minute or so.
- Add kimchi, stock, and soy sauce, stir well. Add tofu, bring to a simmer.
- Serve over rice or noodles and top with green onions and sesame seeds. You can mix and match vegetables and toppings as you prefer, I used what I had on hand to make a quick lunch, this amount serves 2-3 people.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with Tofu