If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 16 ounces extra firm tofu
- 2-3 tablespoons corn starch
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 1 1/2 cups jasmine rice, dry
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Drain liquid out of tofu. You can do this by placing tofu block on a large plate and covering with a cutting board or another plate. Then put something heavy (like a full teapot) on top and let drain for at least 30 minutes.
- Discard the liquid and cut tofu into ½ inch cubes. Sprinkle cornstarch on tofu and lightly cover on all sides.
- In a medium pot, heat 1 tablespoon sesame oil over medium heat. Add rice and stir to coat. Add water, bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat and cook until fluffy.
- Meanwhile, in a medium sized bowl, combine ginger, garlic, soy sauce, water, and brown sugar. Mix until all sugar is dissolved. Set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon sesame oil in a non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Add tofu and cook until browned (about 5 minutes), then flip and brown on opposite side (an additional 5 minutes).
- Add soy sauce mixture to pan, bring to a boil, and reduce heat. Stir to make sure tofu is covered. Once liquid starts to thicken, add in green beans and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Serve tofu and green beans over rice. Top with scallions and sesame seeds.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with Tofu