If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Make your own homemade chicken skewers with fluffy pita bread and creamy tzatziki sauce with this easy to follow Greek chicken souvlaki. —Myst Ultra Premium Food
For the Chicken marinate
- 2 pieces chicken breast
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped dry oregano
- 5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoons ground black pepper
For the tzatziki sauce
- 1 piece cucumber, peeled, seeded, cut into ¼-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon clove of garlic, minced
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 pieces pita bread (for serving)
- 2 pieces small tomatoes, sliced (for serving)
- 1 piece red onion, sliced (for serving)
- 1 pinch salt and freshly ground pepper (for serving)
- DIRECTIONS Start by preparing the marinade. In a bowl, whisk lemon juice, olive oil, oregano, salt, and black pepper. Use your hands to mix really well and place the chicken and marinate for about 2 hours.
- In the meantime prepare the tzatziki sauce: Place cubed cucumbers in strainer set over bowl and mix with garlic, yogurt, and dill. Season to taste with salt. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Cut the chicken breasts into 2 cm pieces . Heat grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Place chicken skewers on grill (or cook in batches on grill pan) until well browned turning evenly to cook on all sides, about 5 minutes total. (Adjust temperature of grill if necessary). Remove chicken to a serving platter and let rest 3 minutes. Meanwhile, briefly grill pitas and keep warm.
- To serve the chicken souvlaki (skewers), slice 1 red onion, 2 tomatoes and place on a platter. Put a thick line of tzatziki sauce down the center of the pita. Top with the cooked chicken, sliced onion and tomatoes. Fold the pita up like a taco to eat.
- You can always check our video in youtube with all the ingredients & instructions : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ywvq0LWpxno Enjoy :)