If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Quark cheese is everything you ever want. Im trainning a lot and always looking for healthier options, especially in cheese product. Quark cheese is 0,25% of fat for 100g, low salt with 12g of protein per portion. Hard to believe! I know! :)
I have even served it to my boyfriend in the past, and he thought it was sour cream. It really is amazing. This fresh cheese isnt used a lot in North America, but has really caught on in Europe. Heres a nice way to throw it into your summer dishes. —Eatingcasual
Makes half liter
- 3 red, orange or yellow pepper
- 1/4 cup Dill
- 300 grams Quark
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Olive oil
- 3 Garlic cloves
- Preheat your oven to 400 F
- Cut your pepper in 2 and remove the seeds.
- On a cooking mat put your pepper, add salt'n'pepper, olive oil and the 3 garlic cloves. Put in the oven for 30 min (until the skin is a bit burn)
- In a food processor, process the quark, roasted pepper, the dill, lemon juice, garlic clove and the salt'n'pepper. If you want a spread less thick, add some olive oil until you have the texture you want.
- your spread is now ready. I love to put some in my sandwich, my eggy breakfast tartine or use it has a dip with nacho, fresh vegetable etc..