If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Flaky puff pastry shells filled with a layer of spinach and creamy wild salmon mousse. Drizzled with a spicy mango sauce, this recipe will thrill your taste buds! —Ronna F
- 8 ounces frozen pink wild salmon fillet
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 10 ounces package frozen puff pastry shells
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt, divided
- 1 large mango, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro, divided
- 1/2 cup spinach leaves
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place frozen salmon on a foil-lined baking sheet. Brush both sides with 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil. Bake salmon until it flakes, about 12 to 15 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Lower the oven temperature to 425 degrees F. Place the 6 frozen puff pastry shells on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes until golden brown and puffed.
- Meanwhile, flake the salmon. Combine it with the mascarpone cheese, dill weed, 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper and 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt in food processor. Pulse until smooth. Transfer to a medium bowl and chill until ready to serve.
- Prepare the Zesty Mango Drizzle by combining diced mango, lemon juice, orange juice, agave syrup, cumin and remaining 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt in a blender container. Puree on medium speed until smooth. Transfer to a jar or 2 cup glass measure. Add the 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil to the mixture very slowly while stirring continuously with a whisk. Stir in jalapeno pepper, 1 tablespoon cilantro and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
- Cut across each puff pastry shell. Place 2 shells onto each of 3 serving plates. Place spinach onto pastry shell bottoms. Spoon Salmon Mousse onto spinach. Cover with pastry shell tops. Spoon the Zesty Mango Drizzle over top. Sprinkle with remaining cilantro.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Salmon