If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is what you should do when your english cucumber are 3 for a dollar.
Plus, Wafu sauce is tasty and so easy to do at home. —Eatingcasual
Mayonnaise style Wafu
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup Oil (personally use grape seed oil)
- 1 tablespoon Soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
Whats inside the salad
- 4 English cucumber (one and half per person)
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seed
- bunches Fresh dill
- pinches Salt'n'pepper
- For the mayonnaise: -In a bowl wisk the egg yolk and the lemon juice. Add drop by drop the first quantity of oil. When it starts to get the texture of a mayonnaise you can slowly add the rest of oil in a constant pour.
- At the end of this step you have a look a like mayonnaise. This is when you add the flavour you want. In this recipe you can add, the sesame oil & the soy sauce. Taste it and adjust the flavour, more salt, a bit of pepper or maybe more acidity (lemon juice, rice vinegar)
- Now time to put together all of the ingredient! Slice your cucumber in the shape you want, put mayonnaise as much you like it, sparkle it with some sesame seed & add more freshness with herbs like dill !
- Enjoy !