If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Delicious grilled tomatoes filled with a savory couscous salad. —jenniferw
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 7 ounces couscous (preferably whole-grain)
- 2 ounces pine nuts
- 0.5 bunches parsley
- 1 ounce golden raisins
- 1 teaspoon paprika (hot)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 tomatoes (each about 200 grams)
- In a pot, combine 250 ml (1 cup) of salted water with the oil and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and add couscous.
- Stir, cover tightly and let steam until water has been absorbed, 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl and fluff with a fork.
- Toast pine nuts in a dry skillet.
- Rinse parsley, shake dry and chop leaves. Rinse scallions and slice thinly.
- Rinse tomatoes. Slice off tops of tomatoes and reserve. Scoop out the seeds with a spoon.
- Season the insides of tomatoes with salt and pepper. Fill with couscous, and cover with reserved tomato tops.
- Place tomatoes on a lightly oiled disposable aluminum grill pan. Place on a medium-hot grill, cover with a metal bowl (or close the grill) and cook 10 minutes.