Author Notes: Delicious grilled tomatoes filled with a savory couscous salad. —jenniferw
tablespoons olive oil
ounces couscous (preferably whole-grain)
ounces pine nuts
ounce golden raisins
teaspoon paprika (hot)
tomatoes (each about 200 grams)
In This Recipe
- In a pot, combine 250 ml (1 cup) of salted water with the oil and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and add couscous.
- Stir, cover tightly and let steam until water has been absorbed, 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl and fluff with a fork.
- Toast pine nuts in a dry skillet.
- Rinse parsley, shake dry and chop leaves. Rinse scallions and slice thinly.
- Rinse tomatoes. Slice off tops of tomatoes and reserve. Scoop out the seeds with a spoon.
- Season the insides of tomatoes with salt and pepper. Fill with couscous, and cover with reserved tomato tops.
- Place tomatoes on a lightly oiled disposable aluminum grill pan. Place on a medium-hot grill, cover with a metal bowl (or close the grill) and cook 10 minutes.