If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Grilled Broccoli with Garlic Roasted Red Pepper Sauce - Perfect combo of roasted red pepper, garlic, almonds, paprika, tomatoes & slightly charred broccoli. —Holly
small heads of broccoli, ends trimmed but stems still intact, cut into florets
ounces roasted cherry tomatoes or 2.5 ounces sun-dried tomatoes
large cloves garlic
cup whole roasted almonds (2.5 ounces)
teaspoons hot Hungarian paprika
teaspoons smoked paprika
teaspoon smoked salt
cup crusty bread
cup extra virgin olive oil
canola oil cooking spray
- Rinse broccoli and cut apart florets.
- Slice pepper in half and remove seeds and veins.
- Create a small tin foil “boat” to roast garlic on the grill.
- Heat grill to 450-500 degrees. Place fresh garlic (skin removed) in the tin foil and roast on the grill for 2-3 minutes (don’t allow it to burn).
- Spray the pepper with canola spray, and grill until the skin is nicely charred, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Place garlic and peppers in a medium bowl and cover with foil.
- Once the peppers are cool enough to handle, remove the skin from the pepper.
- In food processor, combine roasted cherry tomatoes, almonds, both types of paprika, salt, bread, sherry vinegar, roasted garlic, roasted red peppers, and ¼ cup of extra virgin olive oil. Process until ingredients are well-combined, adding 1-2 tablespoons water as needed to reach your desired consistency.
- Turn the grill down to 400 degrees, and spray the broccoli with cooking spray.
- Grill the broccoli on indirect heat for about 13-15 minutes. Closely monitor the broccoli and rotate every 2-3 minutes so that it has only the smallest hint of charring.
- Serve immediately, topped with the Garlic Roasted Red Pepper Sauce.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Cooked Over a Fire