If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I have said this many times and the French know it all too well – it’s all about the ingredients. The quality of the items you are working with to create your dish makes all the difference in the world. This arugula, roasted beets and scallion salad I made of “just picked that morning” produce was so simple, so delicious, it was to die for. I topped it with a fresh lemon juice dressing and it was a dancing fresh, total yum feel in your mouth. It doesn’t get much better than that!! —MaryFrancesCooks
- 2 bunches of farmstand large leaf arugula, trimmed, washed, spun dry and chilled
- 5 small beets, trimmed and scrubbed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 scallions, white and light green parts, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- For the beets: Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place beets in the middle of a sheet of aluminum foil. Drizzle with 1 Tbs. olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Close up foil tightly to make a neat packet and roast in the oven for about 40 minutes until beets are tender and easily pierced with paring knife. Let cool a bit so you can handle and peel. Slice into ¼” slices.
- For the dressing: Whisk together the lemon juice and mustard. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Whisk in the olive oil in a slow, steady stream to emulsify.
- Toss together the arugula, beets and scallions. Drizzle on the salad dressing, just enough for your taste. Toss everything well and serve with LOVE.