If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I find this cake is better eaten cold with a side salad. —MarieGlobetrotter
Makes 1 cake (12 slices)
- 120gr carrots
- 130gr zucchini
- 1 shallot
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1 cup Gruyère
- 1 cup 1 tbsp butter (at room temperature)
- 1 medium egg
- 6 tablespoons milk
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Peel the carrots and grate them. Clean the zucchini and cut them very small dices.
- Combine butter, egg and milk. Add the vegetables, shallot, parsley, and Gruyere. Season with salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 375F
- Stir together flour and baking powder. Pour in the vegetable mixture and combine well
- Butter a cake dish. Pour the batter into the dish and bake for about 25 min. Let cool