If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Enjoy early summer produce with this grilled corn and garlic scape salad with feta cheese, chives, and lemon.
—Just Me and The Clams
- 5 ears of fresh corn
- 3 ounces garlic scapes (about 10 scapes)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Chives, chopped
- Shuck the corn and fire up the grill. Use the butter liberally on 3 ears of the corn. Use about 1 tbsp of the oil on the scapes, along with some salt and pepper.
- Place the 3 buttered ears of corn on the grill on high heat, turning often, until charred. If you have a grill basket, use it for the scapes. These guys look curly-que fresh, but unravel as they cook. Toss them often. Both the corn and the scapes should take about 10 minutes total to be a little charred.
- When everything is cooked, cut the ears off of both the grilled and raw corn cobs, and place these in a large serving bowl. Chop the scapes into 1cm pieces, and add these as well. Then add the cheese and chives. Drizzle the remaining oil and lemon juice over the salad and mix to incorporate.