If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Enjoy this seasonal refreshing salsa with tortilla chips or alongside meat. Made with all fresh ingredients, this will surely be a hit for everyone! —Jenny @ The Finished Plate
Food52 Review: A great addition to tacos, grilled meat or spooned onto tortilla chips—or even just a spoon! You really can't go wrong with all of these summery ingredients. Best after chilling for 30 or more minutes, so don't skip that step.
I found the 3 tablespoons of cilantro slightly overpowering, so you might reduce the amount if you are sensitive to it. —Emily Okey
Makes about 2 cups
- 1 cup pitted cherries, roughly chopped
- 2 peaches, chopped the same size as cherries
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 3 teaspoons fresh garlic (about 3 cloves), grated or finely minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 tablespoon shallot, finely chopped
- Lime zest to taste
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- Roughly chop cherries and peaches and place in a bowl.
- Stir in the lime juice, red wine vinegar, garlic, and salt.
- Gently fold in the shallot, lime zest and cilantro.
- Chill for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld, then serve cold or at room temperature.
- Great served alongside poultry, pork, fish, or used as a salsa with tortilla chips.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Savory Stone Fruit