If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Spanish chorizo, sweet corn & fried egg tacos. Topped with manchego cheese and baby arugula. —Sarah | Wisconsin from Scratch
- 3 ears sweet corn
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped scallion (green part only)
- 2 ounces Spanish chorizo, chopped
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 4 flour tortillas, warmed
- 1/4 cup baby arugula
- hot sauce for serving
- Husk the corn, remove the silk, and cut the corn kernels off the cobs into a bowl.
- Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the scallion and chorizo and cook until scallion is soft and chorizo begins to render, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the corn and cook, stirring occasionally, until corn is tender and starting to caramelize, about 8-10 minutes. Add the cider vinegar, smoked paprika, and salt and cook 1 minute more. Season to taste with additional salt if needed.
- Transfer corn mixture to a separate bowl and wipe pan clean. Add another 1 Tbsp olive oil, and once hot, crack in two of the eggs and fry them in the olive oil. Remove eggs to a plate, and repeat with the remaining 1 Tbsp of oil and other two eggs.
- Place 1 egg atop each of the 4 warmed tortillas. Top each with equal amounts of the corn mixture, thinly sliced manchego cheese, and baby arugula leaves. Serve with hot sauce.