If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a classical Turkish summer vegetable recipe ,eaten warm or cold ..Drizzle a good amount of extra virgin olive oil on top to add more flavour. —Piper Nigrum (GamzE)
Fresh Green Beans (flat)
large beef tomatoes
tablespoon olive oil
tablespoons extra virgin oil
tablespoon tomato paste
salt & pepper
cloves of garlic (grated)
- Prepare your beans. Cut the ends.
- In a 1.5 liter of boiling water add 3 tablespoons of salt.(12-15 gr per liter) Blanch green beans until they are soft and tender. Refresh in ice water. Drain excess water, place them on a paper towel.
- Add olive oil in a pan. Dice onions in small cubes.Add onions with salt and sweat them until soft with no color. Add garlic and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Grate tomatoes. Add them with tomato paste, sugar and add black pepper to taste . Stir . Simmer for 20 minutes add little water if necessary.
- Add cooked green beans to the tomato sauce. Cook for 1-2 minutes without a lid!
- Place in a serving dish. Drizzle a good amount of extra virgin oil on top. Add parsley or basil leaves. Serve warm or cold.