If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a classical Turkish summer vegetable recipe ,eaten warm or cold ..Drizzle a good amount of extra virgin olive oil on top to add more flavour. —Piper Nigrum (GamzE)
- 1 kg Fresh Green Beans (flat)
- 2 onions
- 2 large beef tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3-4 tablespoons extra virgin oil
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- salt & pepper
- 1-2 cloves of garlic (grated)
- Prepare your beans. Cut the ends.
- In a 1.5 liter of boiling water add 3 tablespoons of salt.(12-15 gr) Blanch the green beans until soft
- Add olive oil in a pan. Add the cubed onions with salt and sweat them until soft with no color. Add the garlic
- Grate the tomatoes. Add them, tomato paste, sugar and add black pepper to taste . Stir . Simmer for 20 minutes add little water if necessary.
- Refresh your greenbeans in ice water. Drain excess water with a sieve and add them to the tomato sauce. Cook for 1-2 minutes without a lid!
- Place in a serving dish. Drizzle a good amount of extra virgin oil on top. Add parsley or basil leaves. Serve warm or cold.