If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: NIKUJAGA is one of the popular comfortable food in Japan.
Japanese Mom doesn't even follow the recipe, because they know how that taste like. And just cook NIKUJAGA without the recipe. So, that's the NIKUJAGA should be.
It means NIKUJAGA is very easy and simple. Once you know how to cook. —Yuki
DASHI soup stock
- 400 milliliters water
- 3 inch × 3 inch KONBU (Dried Kelp)
- a handfuls KATSUOBUSHI (bonito flakes)
- 150 grams sliced beef
- 4 potato
- 1 onion
- 1/2 carrot
- 8 green beans
- 150 grams SHIRATAKI noodles
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons MIRIN (Japanese sweet sake)
- To prepare the DASHI soup stock, Soak Konbu in the water for about 30 minutes.Place the pot on row to medium heat. Right before the water boils, remove the konbu. Turn off the heat, and add Katsuobushi. Let it set until Katsuobushi sink. Strain the stock through a strainer with a paper towel.
- To prepare the SHIRATAKI, Rinse and drain well. And Boil for 3 minutes, drain and cut into easy to eat length. Set aside.
- In a Large Pot, Stir-fry the beef with salad oil until no longer red. Add Potato, Carrot, Onion and Stir-fry until translucent at the potato edges.
- Add the DASHI soup stock. Bring to a boil over low-medium heat. Skim off any foamy scum. Add Soy sauce, Sugar, MIRIN. Simmer for about 15 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Add SHIRATAKI and Green beans. Simmer for about 5 minutes. Now it's ready to serve! but, NIKUJAGA tastes better the next day too!