If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A chocolate cake doughnut topped with gooey coconut-pecan frosting. All the best things about a cake doughnut, in a cake-inspired doughnut. —Erin McDowell
Makes 1 1/2 dozen doughnuts
12-ounce can evaporated milk
cup unsalted butter
cup granulated sugar
cup light brown sugar
large egg yolks
cups toasted chopped pecans
cups shredded coconut (sweetened or unsweetened, whichever you prefer)
teaspoon vanilla extract
recipe Chocolate Cake Doughnuts (https://food52.com/recipes...), cooled
- In a medium pot, whisk the evaporated milk, butter, sugar, brown sugar, and egg yolks to combine. Cook over medium-low heat, whisking constantly, until the mixture begins to simmer. Continue to cook, stirring frequently to prevent sticking and/or clumps forming, until the mixture is thick like pudding, 13 to 15 minutes.
- Stir in the pecans, coconut, and vanilla and cool for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Transfer the cooled chocolate cake doughnuts to a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Spread the cooled frosting on top of each doughnut in an even layer. Serve immediately!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!