Author Notes: I have always been intrigued by stuffed tomato recipes, but I have yet to grow 6 tomatoes that are a uniform size and shape. Faced with a surplus of our Juliet tomatoes in the garden, I thought I would give an un-stuffed tomato recipe a whirl. Roma tomatoes or any meatier variety from the store will work here too. —Liz | inspired by the seasons
cups Cooked quinoa
cup Chopped Swiss chard, about 4 stalks with leaves cut into ribbons
Green Onions, finely chopped
cup Feta cheese, crumbled
teaspoon Smoked Paprika
cups Sliced Roma tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium sized bowl, add egg and spices and whisk together. Add quinoa and 1/2 c of the crumbled feta cheese and stir together.
- Then, fold in the chard, tomatoes and onions.
- Place in a greased 1 1/2 quart casserole dish and top with remaining feta cheese.
- Bake in oven 20 to 25 minutes until warmed through.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Tomato Showstopper