If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I have always been intrigued by stuffed tomato recipes, but I have yet to grow 6 tomatoes that are a uniform size and shape. Faced with a surplus of our Juliet tomatoes in the garden, I thought I would give an un-stuffed tomato recipe a whirl. Roma tomatoes or any meatier variety from the store will work here too. —Liz | inspired by the seasons
- 2 cups Cooked quinoa
- 1 cup Chopped Swiss chard, about 4 stalks with leaves cut into ribbons
- 3 Green Onions, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup Feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 cups Sliced Roma tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium sized bowl, add egg and spices and whisk together. Add quinoa and 1/2 c of the crumbled feta cheese and stir together.
- Then, fold in the chard, tomatoes and onions.
- Place in a greased 1 1/2 quart casserole dish and top with remaining feta cheese.
- Bake in oven 20 to 25 minutes until warmed through.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Tomato Showstopper